Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Technologically Incapable

Listen, when it comes to technology, parents can go to their average high school teenager to fix a problem on their computer or phone or blackberry. Then, when teachers ask their kids to upload videos, kids just need to see it happen once and they can do it for the rest of their lives thinking that it's "basic knowledge" for computer using. However, when my parents ask me to fix something on the computer, I just stare blankly at them, thinking "what the hell is a zip drive or a PDF file?" My parents cannot count on me to do anything with computers. It's a different language and when I'm expected to put music onto a power point I just sit there laughing because it took me about two weeks to learn email, so how long will it take me to put music on a power point? five or six months? Now I'm not a Luddite, and I think that technology is great, but could someone please teach me to use an iPhone or an iTouch? What is even the difference between them? I'm lost in a technologically advancing world. I just figured out how to use floppy disks! And now they're telling me that there's a stick 3/4 the size of a floppy that can hold twice as much info on it!? Show it to me! HELP!

No comments: