Wednesday, November 5, 2008

PLEASE...STOP!!!

I have a question, how does New Trier pick the books that we read in class? Do the books have to meet a certain criteria? Do the teachers care about the appeal the books have on their students? I know for a fact that the book we are currently reading, "The Crucible," has some appeal to the class, but overall, people are reluctant to take out the book for discussion. I'm not sure if it's due to the amount of interest we all share with Mr. Bolos on the presidency, politics, and other topics, or if it's the level of understanding that is needed to read the book successfully. Personally, I'm not a fan of the book. I think some parts are interesting, but overall I think the book is hard for me to grasp in my head. Whenever anyone talks in the book, I always seem to have them yelling in my head and so I picture a very unhappy and corrupt town. My question to the reader of this post is what do you picture when you read this book?

No comments: